You can take a screenshot on the iPad with a simple keyboard shortcut. We’ll show you how to do this and how to share, send and use the screenshot in different apps.
iPad: Take a screenshot
To photograph what the display is currently displaying, press the home button (front) and the power switch (top right) of the iPad at the same time. Then you hear the trigger noise of a camera and the iPad screen flashes. The screenshot is automatically saved in the Photos app.
Continue to use iPad screenshot
- Then open the screenshot in the Photos app, share it, save it in other places, or use it for more purposes.
- Open the image and tap the square icon with the up arrow at the bottom left.
- A menu opens with several options.
- You can share the screenshot via AirDrop via the menu item directly below the image preview.
The next slider contains apps that can use the screenshot. Depending on which apps you have installed, the menu item looks different. For example, you can share your photo on Facebook or Twitter, send it via email or iMessage, open it in iBooks, add it to a note, or share it via iCloud.
The lowest menu volume lets you play pictures via slideshow or AirPlay. You can also use it to assign photos to contact or set them as a background image. If you have an AirPrint printer, you can also print the screenshot.
Note: There is a special feature of the “Dropbox” app. The option to save images there can be found in the menu volume at the bottom of the menu, not the installed apps.
Screenshot: How to do it on iPhone
On the iPhone, you can do the same as you do on the iPad. For older devices, simply hold down the home button and power button for a few seconds.
Since the iPhone X, the home button is history. On the newer devices, you need to press the Power button and the Lou button on the other side of the iPhone for a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone models with Touch ID and Top button
- Press the Top button and the Home button at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail appears temporarily in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. Tap the thumbnail to open it or swipe left to dismiss it.